The Commandery of Austria-Germany, “Leopold II”, under its Commander H.E. The Chevalier Wolfgang Steinhardt GCJ, held its first Ceremony of Investiture, in Vienna, Austria on May 29, 2010.
Professional photographs and a video was taken of the landmark event, and will be available shortly. Below is a link to a short photo gallery of images taken by members of the ceremony.
Named “A Festival of Friendship” the ceremony was held at the magnificent St. Salvator Chapel, built in 1301. In attendance was H.E. The Grand Master, H.E. The Grand Prior, H.E. the Vice Grand Prior, H.E. The Vice Chancellor, H.E. The Grand Almoner, the Commanders of Canada and the United Kingdom, as well as members of the Order from Italy, Austria, Germany, the United States and England.
The St. Salvator Chapel is in the historic centre of Vienna and is the seat of the Old Catholic Church. Supported by the CSLI – the Corps Saint Lazare International – the event also welcomed as guests the many of Vienna’s other Orders of Chivalry, military groups, officers and associations, which presented their banners for consecration at the "Bishop's Mass".
Additional photos and details will be updated soon. Please also see the CSLI's own webpage for more updates and photos here.
© 2010 The Order of Saint Joachim